Welcome to the food section of my Lifestyle Blog
Today we’ll be dicussing about the different small chops recipe one can consume either at home or in a party
In Nigeria, the most popular finger food are small chops.
There are many varieties of them: Spicy Chicken Strips, Puff Puffs, Battered Fish, Snails, Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges, Mini Sausages Rolls, Samosa, Peppered Gizzards, Spring Rolls, Barbecued Goat Meats etc. Small chops are perfect for parties and celebrations, your friends and family will love them.
If a party is coming and you still do not know what to cook for you dearest people, just chose one recipe we will propose you. Maybe you will be inspired so much to prepare all of them. Pictures are attached, for brightest visualization.
Spicy Chicken Strips
Chicken fingers or one boneless chicken breast;
Sun oil for frying;
50 grams of flour;
1 teaspoonful of black powdered pepper;
1 teaspoonful of paprika;1 teaspoonful of salt;
1 teaspoonful of powdered garlic;
1 teaspoonful of cayenne;
40 grams of milk.
- Heat about 250-300 ml of sun oil in a pan;
- Slice chicken breast into strips;
- Combine all spices and flour;
- Roll the chicken slices into with spices and flour and plunge in a heated oil for 15 min., until they become golden and crunchy;
- Take out the chicken slices on the plate and remove extra oil with a paper towel;
- Cut a special paper into small rectangles, create tiny paper cones, place the slices into cones;
7.Enjoy the snacks with family and friends.
300 grams of sausage mince;300 grams minced chicken;
1-2 small onions;
1 clove of garlic;
1 carrot;60 grams of rusk flour;
5 grams of salt;
Black powdered pepper;
3 grams of powdered nutmeg;
4 sheets of frozen flaky dough;
15 grams of sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 200C;
- Chop onions, garlic, carrot, parsley;
- Combine minces, rusk flour, chopped vegetables, and parsley;
- Add 1 egg and a nutmeg;
- Split the mass into eight identical portions;
- Slice frozen flaky dough sheets in half and put in a minces mixture in the middle of the dough;
- Create a roll;Slice it into 6-8 pieces;
- Place on the tray, after, brush with an egg, and dredge with sesame seeds;
- Bake the rolls at 200C at first for 20 min and then for 10 more min at a bit lower temperature (180C).
2 cups of flour;
1,5 cup of warm water;
18 grams of dry barm;
A half cup of sugar;
1 teaspoon of salt;
1 pinch of vanilla extract.
- Resolve the dry barm in the warm water;
- Mix thoroughly after you have poured it on the flour, then you should add sugar, salt and vanilla extract;
- The dough should rise up, so cover it with the napkin and let it to rise up (app. 2 hours);
- Heat the oil;
- Create small pellets from the dough and drop them into heated oil and fry until they become brown;
- Take out on the kitchen paper to reduce excess oil.
Then serve on the plate and enjoy your snack.
20 grams of flour;
50 grams of oil;
1 garlic clove;
100 grams of green peas;
100 grams of minced beef;
40 grams of cold water;
a pinch of salt;A half of teaspoon of sesame oil;
1 spring onion;
1 big green pepper;
A half of teaspoon of corn flour;
5 grams of thyme.
1 package of 8″ spring roll wrappers;
1 tablespoon of corn flour, melted down in 1 tablespoon of boiling water;
For the sauce:
50 gram of hot water;
20 grams of soy sauce;
10 grams of sugar.
- Mix the minced beef with salt, sesame oil, spring onion, and corn flour, and leave for half an hour;
- Cut all the vegetables, it is very important to remember that vegetables should be the same size;
- Redden the beef on the pan with oil, mushrooms, add garlic, carrot, green piece, pepper;
- Fry and stir for several minutes;Leave the filling for one hour, the cooler is the filling the easier it will be to wrap it;
- Place the wrapper on a table;
- Put two tablespoons of the cooled filling;
- Make a roll, which has a form of cigar;
- Brush a bit of corn flour water onto the farthest from you corner to seal it;
- Fry the Spring rolls in oil, which is already the right temperature, fry until golden brown;Remove excess of the oil by kitchen paper;
- It is important to serve the Spring rolls hot and together with the dipping sauce.
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
1 kilo of sweet potato in peels;
Oil for frying;
5 grams of salt;
18 grams of dried chili.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges of 8 cm lengths;
- Remove excess of wet by paper towel;
- Heat oil, fry in it potatoes until they will rise to the surfaces;
- Cool potatoes for 20 minutes;
- Fry potatoes again for 4-5 minutes until you will see golden brown color, take out potatoes to the paper towel to remove the excess oil, add salt and chili;
- Serve the ready dish with sour cream, yogurt or mayonnaise.
200 grams of all-purpose flour;
1⁄4 teaspoons of dry mustard;
250 grams of Cheddar cheese or other extra sharp cheese;
1⁄4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper;
120 grams of butter;
40 grams of water.
- Riddle the flour, salt, cayenne and mustard into a bowl;
- Blend shredded cheese and butter using a mixer;
- Blend flour with other ingredients and water;
- Flatten the dough and put it on the parchment into fridge for 15 minutes;
- The oven should be preheated to 200C;
- Slice the dough into strips and put those on the parchment sheet and bake for 15 minutes, the stripes should become golden brown;
- Serve Cheese straws when they are cool.
OUR WEEKEND SPECIAL OFFER IS ALSO AVAILABLE
Place your order for our small chops and get it delivered to you at your doorstep…. Only based on pre-order